Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends in the States! It’s a big day for many people across the Country! We will be having dinner at my Mother in Law’s house tomorrow but I am in charge of making a few things!
- Dinner Rolls
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Yummy peas
Everything should turn out nicely ~ at least in my head it will all turn out perfect! Looking for a great dinner roll recipe now. If I find a great one I will share. I think I am going to do a quick search on some of my favorite food blog sites!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day and give thanks to all that we have in this world!
I give many thanks for my family and friends!
Until next time!
Halloween has come and gone and Thanksgiving is knocking on our door! And the best time of year,especially for all the kids, is Christmas! There are only 40 days until the big day as you can see by the counter I have added to my site.
I am one of those people who is not so politically correct at Christmas. I say MERRY CHRISTMAS! It’s been Christmas time during December for as long as I can remember. If you know someone of another faith or someone who celebrates a different holiday, then please wish them a Happy Kwanzaa or Happy Chanukah or whatever they celebrate! But if I don’t know for sure, then you will hear Merry Christmas from me! It’s not out of disrespect for anyone, but it’s what I grew up with, therefore that is what I am going to say.
It’s a holly jolly time of year and I am trying to prepare myself! I have gifts to finish crocheting, lots of baking and cakes and of course gifts for my family. I also want my kids to remember what Christmas is truly about, and they do. I told Isabelle the other day it was time to go through her toys and share with the kids less fortunate than her. She seemed to understand that a bit more this year, now that she is the ripe old age of 4! She was also looking at a toy book from Walmart and picked out just about everything in the book to ask for from Santa. I asked her, Do you think Santa will bring you all of those toys? She said, no, he should only bring me one or two and make sure he has plenty for all the other kids! She wowed me with that answer!
It will be time to start decorating before you know it! I am ready to get it done now so I don’t have to worry about it later! The hubs won’t let me put anything out before Thanksgiving though! Guess I will wait until that weekend.
When do you start decorating? What kind of traditions to you do each year, if any? Are there any favorite recipes you like to cook?
Until next time,
I am so excited to say that I have completed my first wedding cake and grooms cake. I am so pleased with both cakes and can not wait to be able to do more in the future!!
Wedding cake princess flavor with raspberry filling between layers and homemade buttercream icing in ivory. All flower are handmade with edible fondant and/or gum paste. The green ribbon is buttercream flavored fondant.
Grooms Cake – chocolate/vanilla swirl cake with buttercream filling. Fondant covered with fondant decorations and buttercream border. Topper is made out of clay so the Bride and Groom could have a keepsake.
Hi it’s Wednesday – Hump Day – WIP Day – Hop Skip Jump Day!!
- My day will consist of finishing up a cake I am decorating for the monthly Church birthdays. (Picture later!)
- Working on my Bernat Mystery Afghan CAL! (more on that later!
- Getting the Boy his bi-monthly military haircut for ROTC.
- Working on our new eating and exercise habits for a healthy family!!
Hope y’all have a fab day and check out the Blog Hops going on today!
Last weeks Mystery CAL Clue:
Clue # 2 came out today! Will share that later when I finish it up!
Thanks so much to Barefoot & Pony-Tailed (Marty) for nominating me!
Want to win you’re very own award? Here’s how: Tell 7 things about yourself and link back to the person who nominated you. Then nominate a few of your fellow bloggers who deserve to be nominated as well!
~*~ About Me ~*~
1. I love flip-flops and sandals! It’s all I wear unless I am barefoot or must wear close toed shoes.
2. I drank charcoal lighter fluid when was in my 2′s. My mom says that is why I am so unusual! LOL
3. I am Vera Bradley addict and love purses of all shapes and sizes!
4. Crochet is one of my newest crafts! I have been at is since January of 2010 and love it! I enjoy it more than I did knitting!
5. Cake Decorating is my newly found profession! I have finished all 3 Wilton’s courses and am now baking and decorating as a hobby and business! Be on the lookout for www.cakeittotheedge.com to be up and running soon!
6. This past Saturday, July 24, 2010, is the first time EVER I have been stung by anything and it was a wasp. I had an awful allergic reaction to it and needed to get some medical attention. No fun!
7. I have the best husband and kids in the world! I love them with all my heart and would do anything for any of them!
Noteworthy Blogs to read and peruse!
Assertive Wit with a Touch of Sarcasm
Chubby Cheeks Thinks
The Pioneer Woman – Ree Drummand